About the Detroit Creative Corridor Center
The Detroit Creative Corridor Center is designed to support the growth of Detroit’s creative economy by delivering business acceleration and attraction services and developing signature programming tailored specifically to creative professionals’ needs. Read more in Our Story.
The trademark DETROIT CREATIVE CORRIDOR CENTER is among the registered trademarks of Business Leaders for Michigan.
- Advisory Board Special Excerpt mask mask
- Contact Contact Please fill out the following form to contact an appropriate Detroit Creative Corridor Team Member: mask mask
- Governance The Detroit Creative Corridor Center is a partnership between Business Leaders for Michigan and the College for Creative Studies. Business Leaders for Michigan (BLM): BLM is an organization dedicated to making Michigan a “Top Ten” state for job and economic growth. Serving as the state’s business roundtable, Business Leaders for Michigan is composed of the chairpersons, chief executives or most senior executives of the state’s largest job providers and universities, that provide over 300,000 jobs in Michigan, generate over $1 Trillion in annual revenue, and serve over 130,000 students. For more information, visit www.businessleadersformichigan.com/. The College for Creative Studies (CCS): CCS is an integrated learning community located in Detroit. A private, fully accredited college, CCS enrolls 1,400 students pursuing Master of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees. CCS also offers visual art opportunities for learners of all ages through its Community Arts Partnerships and Continuing Education programs. For more information, visit www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu. mask mask
- Our Purpose Our Purpose The DC3 is an economic development organization with a targeted purpose: providing support to Detroit’s creative industries in the form of resources, exposure, and advocacy in order to grow Detroit’s creative economy and recognize Detroit as a global center for design. The DC3 is a partnership between Business Leaders for Michigan and the College for Creative Studies. It receives funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, the New Economy Initiative for Southeast Michigan, The Kresge Foundation, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Surdna Foundation and a variety of corporate partners. It also generates a portion of its revenue through fee based consulting work. WHAT WE DO The DC3 is working to build density in the Creative Corridor and provide exposure for Detroit’s creative industries. To that end, we help grow Detroit’s creative economy through business acceleration services for creative firms and independent practitioners. We celebrate Detroit’s creative talent and innovation, and we advocate at a local, state, and international level for recognition of our city as a global center for design. HOW WE DO IT DC3’s work falls under three programmatic buckets: GROW: Business development services for the creative industries CELEBRATE: Programming that highlights talent and innovation in Detroit’s creative community ADVOCATE: Research, data, and advocacy for Southeast Michigan’s creative industries on a local, state and international level. WHO WE DO IT FOR DC3 programming is aimed at supporting Detroit’s economy. In particular, we focus on the top 5 highest earning creative industries in Michigan: advertising literary/publishing/print industrial/graphic/interior/interactive design film/audiovisual/broadcasting architecture For more information about what we can offer, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. mask mask
- Our Studio Our Studio The Detroit Creative Corridor Center is part resource center, part collaborative work space and part innovation studio. The space, shared between DC3 staff, our Creative Ventures, and leadership from Detroit’s design and creative professional organizations, is intentionally designed to encourage informal exchange, dialogue, and intersecting ideas. The space offers tenants complimentary wifi access, guest parking, design & business library, meeting room, dining area, and upon request, complimentary Great Lakes Coffee and healthy snacks. mask mask
- Our Team OUR TEAM The DC3 is an entity supported by Business Leaders for Michigan and the College for Creative Studies, whose vision is to establish Detroit as a global center of creative business, creative innovation and creative talent. Photos Credits: Kenny Karpov, Iron Coast mask mask
- Sign Up Sign up for news and information here We are currently updating our newsletter database. We will have a new form up very shortly. mask mask
- Website Feedback Website Feedback mask mask