DC3 Partners with WDET for Kids Talk Design
Our work at the DC3 is to realize Detroit as a global center of design, creativity and innovation. While our work often focuses on professionals and university students, we understand that to make a lasting impact, we must cultivate and connect with the upcoming generations of designers and creatives. In order to reach a diverse and broad audience, we looked no further then Detroit’s Public Radio station, WDET.
Please join us for one of our most exciting plans for the summer, hosting Kids Talk Design in partnership with WDET and Young Nation.
WDET will be onsite conducting interviews with selected youth who attend this event. They will air on WDET, live on SoundCloud, WDET.org, and will be featured WDET’s digital channels. See previous examples here.
Topics will include:
- What does a designer do?
- How can I become a designer?
- What do you like about design?
This conversation will be continued in September during the Detroit Design Festival. While this event is focusing on elementary and middle school students, kids of all ages are welcome.
- A presentation by Creative Venture Alumnus, Chandra Moore, of coG-studio (an architect who specializes in spaces for youth)
- A hands-on, take-home design activity with Arts & Scraps
- The Young Nation photography exhibition, “See, Shoot, Share #SWDetroit”
- Free snacks and beverages provided by La Terraza
Please join us for this free, interactive summer event for the whole family!
Saturday, July 27th, Doors at 2PM, presentation at 2:30PM.
La Terraza (8445 W Venor Detroit, MI 48209).